Monday, June 7, 2010

Why do I want to be a designer?

I don't want to be bound within a box where I HAVE to do something, hence I did not study art in the later years of school. I'm more free with my creativity, and hate to be held down. Design, is a way I can make a living out of what the human mind can conceive.

Where my desire to enter into the world of design came from, was my passion for creating things, be it with lego, pencil, or on a computer. I also, like the marketing aspect of businesses, and contemplated doing a business degree. More recently however, it's all because of my desire to use external influences and express them through my designs. I want to merge the world of street art, both spray-painting and illustrating, with a classic knowledge of design theory.

I want to be a designer, because there are limitless possibilities as to where you can go. The human mind is capable of infinite ideas, and ideas are the core resource of a designer. I want to think outside of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment